3.5

Cons

Great paint

from Lebanon, Pa

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Coats Well

Cons

• Exterior Painting

Comments about Ace Hardware Brand Royal Paint:

I used Royal exterior paint to paint 50 year old aluminum siding. I painted approx. 1,000 sg ft and only used 2 gallons. Paint has a great consistentcy. Very pleased with the outcome. I painted they same sideing 18 years ago with a competitors paint and i needed 6 gallons. Great paint great price. Would recommend to anyone

Good Paint

from Utah

Comments about Ace Hardware Brand Royal Paint:

We have used his paint to paint some door frames, both when replacing the door and frame and also to reaping an existing frame. It has worked quite well for both types of jobs.

Quality
    We have been pleased with the quality of this paint. It looks very good, and it seems like it will last very well. It also has been quite easy to clean, whether from dust or fingerprints.

We only painted these door frames in the last year or two, but the paint has held up quite well over that time.

Coverage
    We were not trying to paint a large area with this paint, so we were not close to using the whole can anyway. It is thick enough to cover an area quite well without needing several coats, but it is difficult for us to say how large of an area it can cover.

Ease of Appliation
    This paint spreads quite easily, even with a brush. It was also pretty easy to cover the edges of the door frames without it spreading onto the walls around them.

Too Thin

Comments about Ace Hardware Brand Royal Paint:

I recently purchased the Royal white semi-gloss to paint bathroom trim and cabinets. The cabinets were beige to begin with and it took THREE COATS of the Royal paint to cover properly. It was tight job in a small room, so having to repeat that process THREE TIMES was not exactly enjoyable. Yes, it cleans up well and spreads well---but if it doesn't COVER well, then...????? I won't purchase Royal paint again. As my mother always says, "You Get What You Pay For."

Easily scratches off.

There wasn't a "ZERO" , so "1" is the lowest I could go---

Works fine for interior

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Ace Hardware Brand Royal Paint:

I have purchased Ace Brand paint to paint shelves in my office. I have ply wood shelves which are colored different colors and not very sightly. So, I got a quart can of beige semi gloss paint. The color was mixed at the store and matched pretty well with the color sampler. The paint itself is easy to work with. it is spreadable and does not smell too bad. I had to apply several coatings to cover the previous color completely. Single layer would dry maybe over 1 hour. Then, I would apply the next layer. The smell is somewhat light, but does not disappear too quick. It seems to stay for a longer period. The final look is pretty good. It is shiny and looks clean. I like Royal paint and would recommend it.

Quality
    Seems like a good quality. I am not sure how it is on a long run, but so far it holds on.

Durable. It feels like it is resistant to minor scratches.

Coverage
    Coverage is good, just apply extra layer to make sure it is the color your want

Ease of Appliation