Other Computer Monitors:
ASUS VS278QP 27" LED Monitor

ASUS VS278Q-P - LED monitor - 27" - 1920 x 1080 FullHD - 300 cd/m2 - 80000000:1 (dynamic) - 1 ms - 2xHDMI, VGA, DisplayPort - speakers - black

ASUS VS278QP 27" LED Monitor

about ASUS VS278QP 27" LED

from San ave ny

• Ver

Comments about ASUS VS278QP 27" LED Monitor:

eceived it.
      The 2ms response time is great. I don't see any ghosting or other types of lag. I tested this with Transformers 2. During the scene where the Devastator comes together my 60Hz TV was so laggy it was hard to see all of the details; with this monitor I was able to see every intricate detail of the vehicles connecting together to form the Devastator.
      Compared to any other LCDs I have, this has very little color distortion based on different viewing angles. The only time colors show noticeable change is when looking from a higher viewing angle
      Sometimes, during a solid colored screen, I think I see minor light-bleed effect in some areas, but lately I haven't. It's very rare/negligible and not noticeable at all during use.
      The screen itself is very bright, colors are vivid, and whites are white and not yellowed
      I have been satisfied with all the default color settings. It comes with six pre-programmed Game/Theater/Standard modes. Similar to shopping for TV's in a store, once you switch to Standard you'll think "Eww, that's so bleached", but once you walk away and come back it looks awesome again. The Theater mode is configured more for darker pictures.
      Since it's dynamic contrast, I noticed during testing that a screen of pure black is not as black as I'd like (because it has nothing to compare/adjust against), but once you pull up an actual picture with content or play a video blacks are dark black, whites are bright white, and it does very well at displaying the various levels of contrast in between.

It's pretty thin and seems well built. The base is very easy to take on and off for transport, but you may want to use a screwdriver if you're OCD and the 1-2 degree of possible rotation from only hand-tightening annoys you. The screen sits level and doesn't lean at all one way or the other. probably mainly for heat dissipation, that I've been using as a handle-grip for transporting to LAN parties. This seems to work rather well, even if it's not intended to be used this way. The monitor itself stays really cool and I hardly notice any luke warm air coming from it even when I'm right up to

• Was this a gift?: