Other Tablets:

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet

Pros

Cons

Great tool, great toy

I have had this tablet for about 5 months, and use it about 4-5x/week. I have fiddled with the different keyboard options, so I would say if the keyboard you're using is frustrating you, try out a different keyboard app, and adjust the auto-correct options until you've got something you're comfortable with. The Swype on this tab never really worked out for me, since the keyboard is so large- that being said, I can actually put my hands on the keyboard like a 'real' keyboard, and actually type- it is very responsive that way.

I also find that the power cord does not charge as quickly when plugged into a USB port- if you're going to be on the go, you should bring along your USB-to-wall converter (included with purchase) and fully charge before you'll be away from outlets. Once you're fully charged, though, the battery is a workhorse- I can go 3 days of my usage without charging, while using Wifi, and i'm good!

Battery Life
I find that the power cord does not charge as quickly when plugged into a USB port- if you're going to be on the go, you should bring along your USB-to-wall converter (included with purchase) and fully charge before you'll be away from outlets. Once you're fully charged, though, the battery is a workhorse- I can go 3 days of my usage without charging, while using Wifi, and i'm good!

App Availability
Can't fault the hardware- the app dev'ers are catching up, but as of Oct 2011, there still aren't as many Honeycomb apps as there are for Froyo, etc.

Not what I expected

I read all the reviews before I bought this tablet. They were all great; but, it wasn't as good as they all said. It seems like the battery always needs to be charged and it doesn't always take me to where I want to go. The speakers on HULU PLUS were so low, I couldn't hear much unless I put it up to my ear. That makes it hard to watch.

really good product

from garding spring . NY

About Me Student

Pros

• Easy To Transport
  • Stylish

Cons

• Poor Sound Quality
  • Weak Bass

• Home
  • Travel

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

it is so easy to use and compact i like how its convertible and kind of small what a hate is the battery life especially when browsing the web

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is a great older tablet

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

The Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is a solid investment. You have complete access to Google Play and alternate app stores as well, like Amazon. If it is not already installed, the tablet will receive an automatic update to Android Ice Cream Sandwich when you connect to wifi. The screen is large and has great resolution. I use it to read comics, and it works perfectly for this.

Battery Life
On a single charge the tablet will last about 1 week with light use: reading comics or surfing the internet for about one to three hours a day. With heavier use, 5 plus hours of games, comics or web surfing, it will last about two days.

Processing Speed
The tablet is an older unit so sometimes load times for graphic intensive games can be a little longer, but I have yet to have a game not play.

Weight
I don't personally have a problem with the tablet's weight but others have commented that it's heavy. Keep in mind though, that it is a 10.1 inch screen, so it's going to be heavier than the more common 7 inch models.

App Availability
With access to Google Play and alternate market apps as well, the availability of apps is everything you could hope for.

I have no issues with the tablets design. Buttons, and ports are well placed.

A very versatile tablet

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

I bought this tablet on sale and have not been disappointed. It is lightweight and powerful as a stand-alone, gives me access to lots of apps, and is a good size screen for reading kindle or nook books and viewing video, like Hulu or Netflix, without sacrificing the size of your image, When I need to do something more complicated, having the optional keyboard is wonderful, and makes me feel like I am using a notebook. Having a good starting memory, plus slots for microSDs and usbs makes this more versatile than the ipad and allows for adding memory, transferring data, or using peripherals. The keyboard also actually almost doubles the tablet's battery life. The slim design is also great for carrying in a purse or briefcase, as well as for travel.

Battery Life
Battery life is OK, but it gets a good boost with the optional keyboard attached.

Processing Speed
I have never had issues with processing speed, although I wish it would "wake up" more quickly.

Weight
Super light-weight and easy to carry.

App Availability
I very rarely encounter an android app that doesn't work with this tablet.

Beautiful --sleek and light.

Mine has been great. I did have a problem with the touch-screen once, after warranty had expired, and they fixed it for free (no shipping charges, either!)

Not what I expected

• App Availability:

A tablet with thoughfull features

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

I got the Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime as an anniversary present from my husband two years back. Till date I did not face any problem with it. The 10.1 inch display is very clear with gorilla glass.
The tablet is pretty thin, about 8.3mm in thickness and also very light weight (approximately 600 grams) but I feel that when it is connected to the docking keyboard it becomes very heavy. The tablet has an inbuilt microSD and micro-HDMI port in it. It record videos in Full HD, 1080p.
It has a front and a back camera. The front camera is 1.2 megapixels, which is very useful during video chats whereas the back camera is 8 megapixels, perfect for taking pictures.
It has almost 14 hours battery life and when docked to the keyboard the battery life is increased to 18 hours.
It can connect with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, no 3G or 4G provisions is there. The bottom line is that I love the tablet, its features are really useful and finally the metallic finish looks great on it.

Best Tablet I've Owned

from SalemNY

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

I bought this after my ultrabook got a cracked screen and was more expensive to replace than buying this tablet would cost me. I love that it has the keyboard docking system. I haven't purchased it yet but plan on doing so in the near future. It is easy and simple to figure out how to use. Has almost all the capabilities my phone does but on a much larger and easier to see screen. I have this with me everywhere I go and evek though it is a larger tablet it is still relatively easy to carry around. The cameras on it arent the best but it's a tablet not an expensive SLR Camera. The sound could be a little better. If there's even a little background noice it gets hard to hear even on the loudest setting. I would purchase this tablet again if i ever needed to reolace my current one.

Battery Life
I am constantly on this playing games, watching movies and reading. I only charge it fully once every two days.

Processing Speed
Everything seems to run at a good speed, sefinitely faster and not as glitchy as my smart phone.

Weight
Gets kind of heavy if I'm holding it to read.

App Availability
Any app I have on my android smart phone is also on my tablet.

I like the black "frame" around the screen and the tectured back but shiny sides.

Have dropped this accidentally many times and has never had a problem

• App Availability:

Decent tablet, better with keyboard

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

The Asus transformer Eee Pad TF101 was my first try at replacing my daily need of a laptop with a tablet / keyboard combo. The tablet is powerful enough to run all the apps and to get things done. I used it for everything from games to working on spreadsheets and documents. The screen is bright enough and nice enough to look at but nothing spectacular by any means. The technology inside and out is a little out dated at this point, but it is still a good android tablet. The battery life is good, lasting around 8 hours with regular use. To make the experience totally worth it, the purchase of the keyboard docking station is a necessity . Adding an additional 8 hours of battery life, it makes the TF101 last all day easily. The keyboard is nice and easy to get used to. The TF101 by itself is just like many other tablets out there that you can probably get cheaper. But together, they make an excellent pair, worthy of serious buying considerations.

Pretty cool tablet.

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

The ASUS Transformer is a very exceptional piece of technology.

I love the size of the screen and the device over all. There are times when I do feel like it could go without half an inch or so but when I am watching movies or reading I am so grateful for its size.

The sound on the Transformer could of been kicked up a notch for those of use who enjoy blasting music on these devices without having to connect or plug into any sound systems.

Operating on an Android system at first was fantastic, however with Android going through updates almost every other month, sometimes I've experienced at times not being able to perform an update. This makes me feel cheated out of the new operating update that everybody else gets to play with. Yes this is me just being a big baby and not appreciating the awesomeness that it is.

Flash is always going to be a problem. I hate that I can't go and play a game off of a website or go to a certain page where you are stopped by the "Adobe Flash required" sign. What gives!!!

I originally purchased this tablet for school where I could write and research papers, to my dismay the Office program it came with wasn't as satisfying as it was while I was playing with it at best buy. Sure you can do everything from double spacing, font size, etc but you really couldn't get fancy like you would with Microsoft Office.

I know it sounds like I mentioned a lot of negatives with this item, but it is a good tablet. The NVIDIA graphics are amazing. Games like Asphalt and Dead Trigger are ridiculously crisp.

• App Availability:

Amazing, I use it for everything, even to write this review.

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

I love it. It meets my needs everyday. I use it for work and school.

Battery Life
Battery lasts the perfect amount of time for me.

Processing Speed
Speed for me is amazing.

It is pretty light.

TON of apps available.

Love the design. They could of placed the speakers in a little better spot.

I have accidentally dropped it a few times and it has not broke in anyway.

• App Availability:

Great tablet with a lot of features

Comments about ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Tablet:

I originally wanted the Ipad, but after having an Ipod touch and an Android smartphone in a side by side comparison, there really is no competition in my opinion. The Android platform is much better because the developers have so much more freedom to program different apps. With Apple it is just too proprietary. Yes there are less glitches with Apple because less is available, but I don't think that is worth the difference.

Battery Life
This is also due to the fact that I use the keyboard which also has a huge battery which boosts me over a total of 10 hours of pure bliss.

Processing Speed
Never seems to lag very much and I can multitask quite well.

Weight
Average weight for its class, a little heavy when the keyboard is attached, but the extra playtime is well worth the weight. It folds up nicely and by having the keyboard attached it gives you a great stand where you won't have to worry about it falling over or getting that perfect angle to watch your favorite HD movie.

Nice aluminum frame, no expense spared on this portion.