3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

like Geico, but better

Amica Insurance has handled all my property insurance for 25 years. They also offer life insurance and annuities, but I only have had experience with property/auto. They offer rates that are even better than Geico - am guessing they can do this, becuase they don't pump money into advertising, like those ubiquitous (but cute) Geico ads. They've been around for 100 years, and are highly professional, courteous, and have always responded promptly to any of my concerns. I'd stick with them even if there was another company that offered lower rates. Go to Amica.com and give them a try. You'll be a loyal customer, and save money, too.

BEWARE!!!! It's all good at first but changes QUICKLY!!!!

Amica used to be one of the few "old fashioned" insurance companies that did business the way you mom and pop did business with their insurance agent.  Obviously size and an overinflated drive to the bottom line has changed the focus of this company dramatically.

I've had auto insurance with Amica (as well as home owners) for the past 6+ years.  The first year I had my home with Amica it was a great rate.  The next year is nearly doubled.  I had no claims - it just doubled.  The explanation from Amica was that they had "changed their rate structure".  The next year we had very high winds and I wasn't sure if I had some minor roof damage or not so I asked if someone could just take a look and let me know.  Well little did I know that "taking a look" qualified as a claim.  Again another rate increase for the "claim".  The long and short of it is that my insurance started out at about $500.00 a year and over the 6 years ended up at $1400.00

My auto has been pretty consistent over the years.  My issue with my auto insurance is that they began jacking around with their billing system so they would not get bills sent out but about once every other month or so.  By the time you got a bill, you owed 2 - 3 months of premiums and they were threatening cancellation.  Now they have jumped on the insurance credit score bandwagon and begun to re-rate everyones policy based solely on your credit score.  Accidents, tickets, driving record are a MINOR part of their new rating system.  In their new system, it's all about your credit score and as you know in the current financial market, if you are not perfect, you're going to get nailed on your rates and it will continue year after year.

Years back I recommended Amica to many of my friends because they were such a quality company.  Now - I wouldn't recommend Amica to my worst enemy. No one deserve to deal with what has become a slimy company.

Avoid Amica at all cost

from Na

Comments about Amica Insurance:

I was with another company before taken the bait for a lower rate to switch to Amica for home service. They don't pay your claim if you're a new customer, their customer service is poor, and they run Ponzi scheme that is licensed by the certain state department, they take your money and don't pay your claim. They have lawyers in Association and individual insurance state board that they pay and would drop your cased before they even investigate, the illegal monopoly with provision papers works they would send you 60 days after they take your money. Apparently, one of last reason they gave for trying or not process my claimed, was that they need my final three years tax returns, utility bill, bank statement, etc. I don't remember before building my house in 2007 giving my bank this much info since I was 50% over LTV. Their provision that comes in the small note was only provided to me 60 days after signing up said so; I own a business why would I provide or sign with a company that is asking for such personal information. Worst insurance company ever, trust me you will find out. Grieco is much better, First they took me in, and cut my yearly premium, not in half, but below in half, my duty is to spread forth this new, until I have evidence that this company has lost what I have to come out pocket for repairs up to date

Worst Customer Service

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Amica Insurance:

Do NOT use Amica for your insurance provider. If you want to be continually told your policy doesn't cover that, then Amica is the provider for you.

I called Roadside Assistance yesterday for a flat tire tow. I waited for 8 hours, called numerous times, and no one showed up. Today, I am on day #2 of not being able to go to work. Once again, Amica says they will send someone out to tow it.

Since I cannot afford to take another day off of work, I called the main number to ask about rental car coverage since I pay for this every month. Amica's answer..."NO, your policy doesn't cover that." Of course my policy doesn't cover your lack of service, your incompetence. Now, I get to sit home and pray that my car is actually towed and fixed before the entire work day is gone.

This is NOT the first issue I've had with their "excellent" customer service. This is my last straw...I will NOT continue to pay money to a company that doesn't make good on their end. I pay for roadside assistance; thankfully I found my flat tire at home or I'd still be stranded on the side of the road. I pay for rental car coverage; but only when it's convenient for them.

DON"T waste your money on this company.

Amica Comes through again!

from New Hampshire

Comments about Amica Insurance:

Last Friday I was parked at the Mt. Washingto Hotel when a delivery truck backed over a curb, hit a light pole, and knocked it into my car. It is the next Thursday and I received a check today from Amica that covers most of the repair. A claims adjuster was at my house on Mondaicay at 10 AM. A representative called me Tuesday to tell me the amount they were sending me, and said that check was going out that day. The adjuster's estimate arrived by email Tuesday morning. If you're not with Amica, you probably think this is extraordinary service. As a 50 year Amica customer, I know it is routine!

Valuations totally out of line

from Waukesha, WI.

Comments about Amica Insurance:

Same problem as many others. Since 2002 property values rose every year and therefore premiums too. Premium for 2015 is double what is was for 2002 which was higher than it should have been. House hasn't changed any and never had a single claim. Even when property values nationwide were declining mine never did. Tired of paying for risky investments made by Amica or for lazy employees not keeping current with market prices and values.

Stay away

Comments about Amica Insurance:

I've had Amica for my home and auto for 5 years and never filed a claim for either. I switched to them based on the great reviews I read after having problems with my former company. When I first switched I admit due to the problems I was having with my former insurance, I didn't pay attention to my policy details. (I was just glad to have a new company) When I received my new policy for each of the following four years I called to complain about the extremely high replacement value they were placing on my townhome. Each time I was basically given some preset answers that I did not agree with, but was not able to disprove. This year I called once again and was reluctant to accept these pat answers knowing their value (which increased every year) was outlandish. I finally asked what goes into this value. The rep in a matter of seconds was able to convey that my house was 2000 sq feet. WRONG! This error was responsible for them insuring my home for more than twice it's value. Their appraiser did a drive-by to come up with this figure. He also included insurance for other structure of which I have none and can be seen on a drive-by. (I did learn that an attached garage is not considered an other structure) The rep said she would check with her manager and get back with me. When she did, she said they could only go back to last year and make adjustments. I wasn't happy so she offered for a manager to call back. After a full week with no contact I called. The manger now said they would correct my policy going forward, but could do nothing about the past even though I complained every year, even though they were the ones that used data they had not verified for accuracy, even though they tacked on insurance for "other structures" I did not have. The manager actually said they had three different numbers entered for my sq footage. (It happened to be 4 because the 2000 the rep quoted was not one of these new figures) All were wrong and which was one was used? I faxed the builder brochure stating the square footage was 1475 and any other figure they had could have easily been verified through me. Bottom line was they preferred to lose me as a customer than offer any compensation for their inaccurate information. I'll be looking for anew insurance Monday.

Poor Phone Adjustments to Existing Policies

Comments about Amica Insurance:

I called Amica two weeks ago to get coverage on a new house I am building. It took me nearly half an hour to give them all the details. Then they never got back to me. Just called them tonight and they said the original conversation was logged and they need to review it. I have been on hold nearly half an hour again. These people do not want my money. I have multiple polices with them but will drop them all if I am stuck on hold another 10 minutes. Great rates - horrible service. Bank on it.

Hard To Get Answers on Policy Charges

Comments about Amica Insurance:

I am a 35 year customer of Amica and never thought I would write a negative comment - or even think of one!

Customer Service
I have been waiting for three days to get an explanation of the fact that my credit report (which has no negatives whatsoever) is a cause for not receiving lowest policy rates. I have absolutely no outstanding bills or other credit problems according to the bureau they quote, so I naturally thought this was an error. No one has returned my call. The reps just keep repeating that my rate has been affected by a credit rating!

Available Plans
But, I cannot recommend Amica as I would have over the last three decades because customer service is just not what/where it should be. Claims over the years were handled quite well and I had no complaints. However, the Amica of today is so different that I do not recognize it.

Problem in the company

Comments about Amica Insurance:

My wife has had Amica until yesterday. They overcharge. We had been with them 30+ years. They overcharge if you are not careful! We now have a new first rate company at 1/3 the cost. They seemed to start padding the cost a few years back and my wife did not believe they were over charging.

• Available Plans:

Consistently great service with very fair pricing.

Comments about Amica Insurance:

We have been insured through Amica (3 vehicles, our home, property and out buildings) for fourteen years. In 2011 I was rear ended by a "red light accelerator" trying to beat a "green light anticipator." He hit the rear of my car going 45 in a 25 mph zone. Three cars were stopped in traffic ahead of me. Although he was cited, Amica covered all the medical bills for myself and two others injured in the accident and then dealt with the other insurance for me taking care of all subrogation issues for me. The service agents were always courteous, caring, helpful, thorough and prompt. All expenses (medical, loss of work, loss of vehicle, medical for my son and elderly mother, permanent loss of livelihood, etc.) surpassed $350,000.

Customer Service
Fantastic, prompt courteous service. Very helpful.

Deny Claims and Jerk You Around

Comments about Amica Insurance:

I insured my house with Amica on the recommendation of a friend who had them for years. A few years ago, I submitted a claim for structural damage to my house. The damage made a major portion of my house unsafe and unusable. There was no question that the damage was covered under my policy but Amica denied it anyway for a year before finally admitting that it was covered.

Instead of paying to repair it though, they tried to get me to settle for a tiny fraction of the cost to repair it. I've been fighting with them ever since. In the meantime, I'm living in an unsafe house that I can't use normally. I've heard of and seen enough other people who've had similar experiences with Amica to know that mine is not an isolated case. Unless and until they get it together, I cannot NOT recommend them strongly enough..