3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

great coverage, the very best price

I could not believe it. we saved over 800.00 dollars. Here we thought aarp. insurance was saing us money.  We even received better coverage. they are the best. in the end saved enough to pay our home insurance and still made some money. Really supper deal.

AIG-Century 21st Insurance nightmare

After problems with AIG canceling my policy by mistake, I had to be reissued another. At an increase naturally. I went after quotes online from other insurers. Got a much cheaper quote from AAA. Went with it. I tried to cancel my auto policy from newly acquired Century 21st Insurance, formally AIG. Rep said it had to be in writing. I put it in writing I wanted my policy deleted , with my information. I got an email back stating to call their cancellation department. Isn't that what I originally did? Rep answered and tried dialing cancellation department. Rang and rang. He states to me, because there is such heavy call volume, can they call me back? In 24 to 48 hours. Next day I am out shopping when they call. I call back. Same statement. Can they call me back in 24 to 48 hours? Now it is Friday I explain. I won't hear from them until next week right? Right he says. So I have to sit by the phone all day or risk having to wait another 24 to 48 hours?

Then tried to cancel my homeowners policy with them. Auto rep couldn't do it for me. Different department he says. Same problems. Can they call me back within 24 to 48 hours.

And we taxpayers are paying to help bail them out? No wonder they are in such trouble. Incompetence should not be rewarded.

AIG is a very money hungry company

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about AIG:

AIG bought out our previous auto insurance company (which was 21st Century). While we were not that happy with 21st Century either, they were actually slightly better than AIG. Our experience with AIG was that they treated us like nothing more than a number. We had been with the companies that they bought out for more than 12 years and had always received great customer service, but that would not be the case with AIG. After the buyout, we had our two sons (who were young drivers) added to the policy. They got several tickets and too many points, which caused AIG to simply decide to drop our policy. They gave us no options at all. Needless to say, we were very upset by this and felt quite betrayed. After several conversations with numerous managers, we got absolutely nowhere and that was the end of our relationship with AIG. They did not ever consider our long time relationship with the previous companies they bought out, nor did they give any consideration to all the years of paying premiums with no claims made. AIG has left a long lasting BAD taste, and we would be very hard pressed to ever consider giving them our business again.

• Available Plans:

This company has terrible customer service and policies.

Profile Image

from West Virginia

Comments about AIG:

When I was in high school, I didn't have a car of my own at first. I was driving my moms car and had to be put on her policy. At the time, my mom was with AIG insurance. I worked night shift from 2am-11am in the summer and on Friday and Saturday nights during the school year. In order to use my moms car, I paid her the $42 extra per month that it cost to add me on as a driver at the time.

I paid this small fee as an add on driver for 2 years before getting a car of my own. When I called AIG to cancel myself as a driver on my moms vehicle, the agency refused to remove me as a driver. The agent argued that my drivers license still had my moms address on it and that in order for my mom to remain insured, I had to remain as a driver on her vehicle. Any resident of the home with a drivers license must be on the policy. This was the argument I received. I told the agent that my father wasn't on my mothers car and that it didn't make any sense that I had to be. The agent then tried to argue that because my father had originally licensed his vehicle while in the military, that he wasn't subject to this policy but that I would have to be added on as a driver to his vehicle as well.

The whole process was so daunting that my mom and dad both ended up canceling their insurance with this company. I faxed and emailed the company a copy of my car title, my new drivers license with my new address where I moved away from home, and even a copy of my new deed to my mobile home I had purchased. They still argued that the West Virginia DMV had me addressed as living with my parents.

By the end of this charade, I was confused and my parents were angry. We all canceled our relationship with this company.

Customer Service
The customer service agents do not seem to know what they are even talking about and speak in circles.

Available Plans
They have horrible plans. I am uncertain why I couldn't be removed as a driver from my parents policy unless I had my own policy with their company. They even demanded that if I went with a different agency in my own name, I was still technically a driver in my parents house and had to be on their insurance. The plan options are ridiculous.

Pleased with AIG So Far

Comments about AIG:

I have been a policy holder with AIG for the past eight years. I enrolled in a life insurance policy offered through a third party. I regularly receive literature on my policy and changes in any company policies. Despite the bad press AIG got after the world financial recession which began in 2008, I think AIG offers a solid product with reasonable rates. I had one experience with customer service and I was satisfied with that experience.

Customer Service
I talked to a lady by phone about my policy as I was moving overseas a couple of years ago. The lady was very professional and patient with me. I had many questions and concerns as to whether my policy would be valid in another country. The lady assured me that my AIG life insurance policy is also valid in other countries. She answered all my questions and I felt like an important customer after my phone call. In addition, she asked me to call AIG again if I had more doubts about the policy. I think the AIG service is far more personable than its competitors.

Available Plans
I cannot comment on all plans but I signed up for a thorough and comprehensive policy that would cover my family if something happened to me.

Easy coverage

from Maple Shade, NJ

Comments about AIG:

From the start to finish they made the process really easy by come to my home for the first examine and also talking about the coverage options. Then they processed the application and had the coverage in little over a week from begin to end. They also keep me up to date with everything going on during the process. I liked that they also talked to me about all the different coverage options and let me know what they though would be the best option out of the bunch. They made me feel very comfortable during the process and let me know that they were working to get me the best prices and also the best coverage. I never felt pushed into anything but more that they want me to understand the coverage and get what I though would be the best. I like that I can also still call them to help me feel out papers if I needed and they walk me through line by line. I feel very confident that they have my best interest in mind with everything that they do.

• Available Plans:

So far, I am happy with AIG.

Comments about AIG:

A local insurance agent handles my insurance through AIG, so I really have not had to deal with the main company. The amount I pay seems fair, but as my job situation improves, I may shop around, see if another company is better.

Good rates

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about AIG:

I had one bad experience with AIG because I was given misinformation. Originally I was told I was not covered for an accident. I called back almost a week later & found out I was in fact covered & the problem was taken care of. I never take no for an answer!

One third off what I was paying at Allstate!

from Soquel, CA

Comments about AIG:

Sometimes you just wake up and decide to question what your spending. I am so glad I did! I really saved over 600.00 a year on my car insurance. I was paying  my insurance bill and just felt changing it would be such a hassle.  watching all those adds saying how much I could save.  But you always think why would my insurance company that I have been with for so long not want to fight for my money and provide me a competitive rate.  I'll tell you the higher you pay the greater their commission.  And if all you do is mail a check twice a year, why would they offer to reduce their own paycheck.  I would suggest everyone check what rates you are being offered.  things fall off your record.  What is someone going to tell you?

I will definitely shop around more.

from Cabot, AR

Comments about AIG:

The quote that AIG provided me with was very reasonable at the time.  A month after having the insurance the price actually increased, which I absolutely did not like, but I am sticking it out until the policy is up.  It seems that they are not very reachable.  The internet site is not very current in my opinion, and any time I reach them on the phone I always seem to get someone that does not know what they are talking about.

Great price!

from Lincoln, IL

Comments about AIG:

This is an excellent auto insurance. Even though they do not allow you to make monthly payments, they are still very reasonably priced!     I checked out many auto insurance's, before I went with this company. They by far were the best deal for my ,money! Their customer service was also outstanding!

How dare you AIG

from Denver, CO

Comments about AIG:

AIG, how can you take money from loyal tax payers and pay out ridiculous bonuses to the already rich people in the world. I hope that the new administration fixes you but good.

What you did what blackmail us and take our tax money or threaten the fall of the entire world!~

SHAME ON YOU

I do not recommend anyone use this service.....ever!