Other Home Alarms:
ADT
ADT Security System

ADT Security System

ADT keeps you secure

The ADT security system has proven to be well worth the price for me. Someone tried to brake into my home when I was away once, but nothing was taken thanks to the alarm. The alarm itself seemed to cause the offenders to flee, as the company called me on my cell phone after the alarm was sounded, and the police recorded the time they arived at my house when I got there. It was within two minutes of the time the alarm company told me the alarm went off.Obviously I subscribe to the monitoring service as well, which I would highly recomend. It is the most useful part of the alarm service.When I arrived at my home the police were already there. They showewd me where my sliding glass door had been forced open. This is what set off the alarm. An inspection of my house found nothing missing, the perp must have fled from the sound as previously mentioned, for the police were there quickly. Buy it.

I hate ADT!

This is a horrible company. I can't speak about its security features, although the company had to call me on the second day of it being installed supposedly because the system seemed disconnected. It wasn't. Anyway, I cancelled before the end of the third day like it says on the contract to do without penalty. It took them about a week to remove the system. This was over a month and a half ago. They charged me for a second month and I've made at least six calls so far to see if my cancellation has gone through!! Stupid company!!!!!

Update: August 29

This company and its affiliate have been giving me the runaround ever since I cancelled. I call Executive or Elite and each tell me they are not responsible for the refund. I called Executive yesterday and they told me they finally notified ADT and I should be getting my refund in about 10 days. In other words, they are still giving me the runaround. The told me it was a "special situation" when referring to my refund. So lame!

Update: Sept. 16

After many calls (to THREE companies), we finally got refunded some time this week. No notificaion of course.

Useless piece of junk!

Comments about ADT Security System:

I would rate it a zero if that were an option. This system is a worthless piece of junk and has been nothing but trouble. It doesn't work properly. It goes off frequently at all hours of the day and night. They won't respond to my complaints.. It has been a huge waste of money.

Terrible service / no ability to leave

Comments about ADT Security System:

I just left a review for SafeMart because I switched after my brutal ADT experience. I moved into a home with ADT and after about 6 months of bad technical support I finally decided to move on. 1) they weren't responsive when I wanted to uninstall the system (not a shocker) and 2) they were not willing to let me cancel my account until the contract was up... they really didn't seem to care at all about service. It was a miserable experience.

Never ending contract

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about ADT Security System:

Because of my husbands job my family moves a lot. We usually stay in a home for about a year. The first home that we lived in we decided that we wanted to secure it. What ADT did not tell us was that each time we move our contract starts over. Although we have been customers for over 4 years we have 3 years remaining on our contract because we recently moved. You can cancel the contract but the fine is 75% of the remaining total. I wanted to cancel the service because we could no longer afford the monthly cost. The company was not willing whatsoever to lower the cost. I was told that my only option was to cancel and pay the fee. I am excited for the day that I am no longer trapped with them!

ADT -- RELIABLE went out the window-- New Co. is awesome.

from Round Rock, TX

Comments about ADT Security System:

We had been an ADT customer since 1973. Each time we moved we got their system installed. We have been 24 years in the present house so I wanted an upgrade. WOW - much to my surprise NO PROMOTIONS FOR OLD CUSTOMERS. Cancel the service - wait 90 days - then I can be a new customer. NO WAY ... Problem solved when another company came knocking at my door. NEW WIRELESS system ... medical pendant ... smoke / heat sensor ... and all installed for FREE !!! Yes there was additional fees of reasonable amounts when I chose to expand the basic equipment. I NOW AM PRAISING THE NEW COMPANY ... Glad I kissed ADT goodbye. Their wait time was as much as 45 minutes one night when my alarm was going off. A intruder would of shot me - cleared out my house - and been long gone before they ans. the phone. YES I PUSHED THE PROMPT - If your alarm is going off!!! This new company responds about as fast as when the alarm goes off. GREAT AND WILL GLADLY GIVE THEM A REVIEW.

ADT does not monitor your property!

from New Haven, CT

Comments about ADT Security System:

Even though I have my vacation home monitored by ADT, I had to call them to tell them my house was broken into. Since the system was installed, I have had nothing but problems with it, and even now when they claim to have fixed it, it's still a problem. I pay monthly for NOTHING! If I want to turn the system off, I have to pay 75% of what is left on the contract. I will never do business this ADT once this contract ends, they have cost me a lot of money when things were stolen and destroyed while on their watch.

ADt Security System is decent for the cost

from Troy, NY

Comments about ADT Security System:

I have ADT basic service, a very low monthly fee. The system is fairly simple to use and the equipment is pretty standard. Since I use the traditional phone line,as well as radio-freq alert ( should power be out) the equipment IS a bit bulky. I have it on the floor & out of the way in a location the technician suggested intially. It took a bit of calls to set up the installation, and at the time it seemed like more hassle than it was worth...however the cost kept me diligent in my efforts to use their service. I will say that once a problem arose, it was lengthy & difficult to even ge to speak with a LIVE HUMAN that could hassist me. Speaking to the local office....IMPOSSIBLE. I have been very pleased with the technicians they have sent out for my issues, however actually getting one out has actually taken over 2 weeks. They "couldn't find me in the database" at the national call center ( where ALL calls are turfed, fyi)....then once they found me ( took a supervisor)...then they had to contact the local office on my behalf....which took several more days before I received a return call. All in all, it "BEEPED" loudly from the control box every so many seconds 24 hrs  day until the service man came...days & days later. turns out, the first technician hadn't hooked the back up battery correctly & it was beeping because of low battery...but no where did anything indicate this to me. The system does work, having had the unfortunate one time to use it, and the cost for basic bare-bones is pretty cheap compared to other national systems.

I hate ADT!

from San Antonio, TX

Update: August 29

Update: Sept. 16

ADT just does not care about customers

from Clovis, CA

Comments about ADT Security System:

I called ADT 3 times to have security service started. I live in 93619. First time, they gave me an- installation date/time and did not show up. Second time, I was promised that a supervisor will contact me, which never happened. Third time - they just did not return my call. Unbelieveable. If they are so arrogant to a new customer, they must be horrible to existing ones.

Don't sign up for ADT- yikes.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about ADT Security System:

I've had nothing but problems with ADT. Service should be taken out of their "customer service department." Actually I am on the phone with them now. They are telling me I have an account in California. I've never lived in California. Now they are telling me there is no one that can solve the problem. Kinda scary considering they are monitoring my house. Yikes! I could go on with other stories but that should give a good picture.

ADT Security System is very outstanding.

from Canton, OH

Comments about ADT Security System:

ADT Security System is very reliable to have in your home. They are professional in what they do when they come o install your system and very professional and concerned when hey respond to an alarm. They respond to the sound of the alarm very very quickly. They are very helpful when you need service on your system or just have questions about your alarm system. If a code pops up on the system and you don't know what the code stands for all you have to do is call them and they answer very quickly and will tell you what the code stands for , they will tell you what you need to do to correct the system code back to normal and if you can't set it back right, then they will send out one of their technicians very quickly. I have had their services for over a year and I am very satisfied with their services. Their monitoring fees are very reasonable per month. I'd recommend them to anyone who is wanting a security system for their home or business.