Other Diaper Rash Creams:

A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream

Pros

Cons

A&D With Zinc Oxide Better than Original A&D

I've tried so many diapers and diaper rash creams because I was in the childcare business for 30 years. I don't even want to think about how many hundreds of diapers I changed during that time. Now I have my own granddaughter and I'm changing them again!

I was never impressed with original A&D Ointment for diaper rashes, preferring the thicker creams like Desitin that contain zinc oxide. However, now A&D makes a diaper rash cream that contains zinc oxide, and it's a nice combination of the two.

This cream isn't as thick and sticky as Desitin, but it still sticks to the skin and therefore it doesn't come off as easily on a diaper. Of course this means a baby's bottom won't be in contact with urine and poops, so it's protected and a diaper rash is more likely to heal.

It is easier to clean off the skin that Desitin is too, so if this is important to you I'd give it a try. The ingredients are dimethicone, zinc oxide, aloe vera extract, benzyl alcohol, coconut oil, cod liver oil (contains vitamin a & vitamin d), fragrance, glyceryl oleate, light mineral oil, ozokerite, beeswax, propylene glycol, sorbitol, synthetic beeswax, and water.

It doesn't smell very good, but I have yet to find a diaper rash cream that smells nice and is also effective. I think this is a nice medium between A&D Original and Desitin.

Helps prevent rash, helps heal rash cause it sticks to the skin

Pretty average diaper cream, but has a great dispenser!

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but it seems like my son's bottom becomes immune to a diaper rash cream if it is used often.  It will work great in the beginning, but after a little while, it just stops working!  For that reason, I have gone through about six different kinds of diaper cream, even using unnatural products because of the "immunity" to the good brands I was using at the time.

**A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream** has been around for eons, but I just tried it on my son recently.  I don't like the fact that it contains mineral oil, but it is at least, paraben-free.  The active ingredients are: 10% zinc oxide and 1% dimethicone.  Unlike all the other diaper creams I've used, this one comes in a toothpaste tube, which I love.  It makes it very easy to apply where needed. Compared to A+D *Original* Diaper Ointment, this product is supposed to be creamier.  It also contains zinc oxide and the original product doesn't.

Overall, it's decent.  I *would* buy it again since I have to rotate brands of diaper cream due to my son's apparent "immunity".  But if my son didn't have the problem he has, I would stick to the all natural products that I love.

If you're looking for diaper rash cream reviews, here are all the other products that I've tried:

- [Burt's Bees Baby Bee Diaper Ointment][1]

- [Method Baby Squeaky Green Diaper Cream][2]

- [Desitin Original Diaper Rash Cream][3]

- [Boudreaux's All Natural Butt Paste][4]

- [Aveeno Baby Soothing Relief Diaper Rash Cream][5]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Burts-Bees-Baby-Bee-Diaper-Ointment-review-1dec1
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Method-Baby-Squeaky-Green-Diaper-Cream-review-11233
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Desitin-Original-Diaper-Rash-Ointment-review-d1bd1
[4]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Boudreauxs-All-Natural-Butt-Paste-review-4bd23
[5]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Aveeno-Baby-Soothing-Relief-Diaper-Rash-Cream--310610-review-a5f86

I didn't think this diaper cream was bad, but it wasn't excellent either.  It did its job by creating a barrier on my son's bottom, but it didn't make the painful redness go away as quick as I would like it to, or as quick as I've experienced with other brands.

Best of the best

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

When I was younger my parents always used this brand on me and I carried that on to my little boy. Once any little rash appears I immediately apply this cream to the affected area and by the next day its all gone. I also work in the nursing field and I see a lot of elder people who end up with bed sores and when we start this cream immediately it helps keep the skin in better condition and allows us to heal it up. Its a very trusted brand and I would recommend this to anyone over any other product.

Didn't work for us

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

We received a tube of A+D diaper rash cream at our baby shower. When the time came that my baby was born and had her first little diaper rash, I decided to try it out. It seemed like your typical diaper rash cream: white, thick & creamy. I used it on my infant for a couple of days. Her rash did not improve. It almost seemed to get worse. We discontinued use of A+D, and instead applied a natural cream (CJ's butter) and her rash healed up after a couple of days. We only ever used it that one time, but since we found a better product, we never saw the need to try it again. I still have the same tube after 3 years. Perhaps it would work for other skin ailments, but it didn't work for us as a diaper rash cream.
Also, A+D is not cloth diaper safe, which was another down side for us.

I have used many better diaper rash creams. I do not recommend A+D.

A&D With Zinc Oxide Better than Original A&D

Profile Image

from Eagle River, AK

Helps prevent rash, helps heal rash cause it sticks to the skin

Pretty average diaper cream, but has a great dispenser!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

[4]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Boudreauxs-All-Natural-Butt-Paste-review-4bd23

Works Great

from Portage, IN

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

My newborn started getting really red, thought it might be the diapers. Eventually I found A & D as my 4th thing to try. It started to clear up her rash within one day of using it. Works great. I keep a tube on hard at all times.

Works like magic!!

from Houston, TX

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

A + D worked great when my son had a diaper rash.  It caused him the least amount of discomfort, and the rash went away quickly.  I've used it at every diaper change after that, and his little bottom hasn't turned red since!!!  Other creams I've tried are watery, and just don't affect him.  I swear by A + D; it's a great product!

A&D Zinc Oxide Cream stings babies rashy bottoms

from Heath Springs, SC

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

All three of my kids have reacted to zinc oxide creams by screaming bloody murder when applied! We don't use it anymore. We like the original best. If your babies have sensitive skin, this might not be for you!

A&D is our favorite cream

from Ishpeming, MI

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

As a mother of three children, believe me when I say I've tried every - and I mean every - diaper cream on the market. But we always come back to A&D for a couple reasons. The most important one is that this cream spreads easy but also wipes off easy. There are some creams out there that you have to fight to spread around once you get it out of the tube. Not A&D. This is so creamy that I often squirt a dab on and then use the diaper to spread it where I want it. Voila - no more messy hands. And when it comes time to take it off, I don't have to press hard and irritate a sore bottom even more. The scent isn't overwhelming, which is a definite plus. I wish there were more coupons for this product - they are pretty infrequent. But even at the regular price, it is very reasonable.

Really like AD Diaper Rash Cream

from Waynesboro, TN

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

I use the A + D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream for my son who is currently 10 months old and I really like it. At first when my child was born, I was a Desatin person, but then my doctor recommended trying A+D ointment for his diaper rash. The A+D ointment has a stronger smell than the other creams do but it seems to "stick" longer and cover more.I have used the orginal ointment as well that is sort of clear and vasaline looking. It is also a stronger smell than other diaper rash ointments and seems thicker and covers really well. I have used a tube now for about 3 months and it is still half way full, so a little goes a long way. Also, because my doctor recommended it and said she used it for her children, it makes me think more of product.

A&D did not work fror my baby

from Metairie, LA

Comments about A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream:

I purchased and used the A&D zinc oxide diaper rash cream and I was not satisfied with this product. I bought this diaper rash cream because my baby was having issues with diaper rash and I hoped this one would work just as well as the others. It tried the AD diaper rash cream because I had coupons for it and I was very dissapointed with this product. It did not work so much that it had me questioning if the store I purchased it from had old product that was expired and they were trying to get rid of it. The store I purchased the AD ointment from actually had a stack of coupons right next to the product so I do not know if the product was expired. I do not see an expiration date of the tube of diaper rash cream or on the box. I did see some type of code so I guess I could of contacted the company that made the AD cream and see if the cream was actually expired and maybe thats why it did not work good. Also the cream itself was very thin and it did not stay on or coat my babies skin at all so it bascially did not heal or even protect her skin at all after it was applied. It seems like the diaper just rubbed it all off almost immediately. It was not thick and coated the skin like others.