Other Antiseptics & Antibiotic Ointments:
Heals Skin
A + D
A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant

A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant

Not just for babies bottom anymore.

My husband and I both got tattoo's recently, and the artist told us to use A&D ointment on our tattoo's to keep our skin protected while the tattoo healed. Not only it is used prevent and help treat diaper rash, but it is for cuts, scrapes and small non- ER type of burns. It helps chapped lips also. Now we will use this to help in the healing of our tattoo's as well. A&D is very versitile and works great!

Smell

I started using A&D First Aid Ointment in 1955!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It smelled WONDERFUL ......Read complete review

I started using A&D First Aid Ointment in 1955!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It smelled WONDERFUL ... for many years!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE FORMULATION?

IT SMELLS NOW LIKE "ROAD OIL!"

AWFUL...................HATE IT!

Best product ever!!

from Austell, Ga

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast
  • Soothing

Cons

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

I use this ointment for diaper rash. With my 2 older children I used the cream for each changing and they never got a rash. 10 years later I forgot all about it and my baby developed a rash and I used Desitin but it didn't work. Then I remembered this cream and how good it works. The rash is almost gone in less than 12 hours of first applying it, it's a miracle! Thank you to the person who made this cream, it is amazing!!

from bulgaria sofia

very good

Awesome

from TN

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

I keep A+D first aid ointment on me at all times, I carry a small tube in my purse and a larger one in my medicine cabinet.

I use this every time I get a cut or scrape and it seems to make it heal faster.

Ease of Application
      This ointment is so easy to apply, you just squeeze it out of the tube then rub it in.

Side Effects
      There is no side effects to using this product.

• Ease of Application:
      • Side Effects:

Help with rash

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

First of all I want to say thanks to whoever invented this diaper rash cream. I love this so much that I recommend it to everyone I know that are expecting or having babies. The reason being is that my son used to have severe diaper rash which caused by diarrhea. His bums are all red and look like tons of little red dot all over the check butt.i have been using desitin, butt paste, triple paste. All of them make the condition worse than it should be until one of our friend suggest us trying the a and d original ointment. After the first time I applied it, I was not so sure it would work, but then after couple times then , all the stubborn rash gradually went away. Can't imagine how happy I was. Now I always keep a and d on him when we change diaper to prevent rash appearing.one thing I am not sure is that in my opinion, the tube seems to works better than the larger container. Plus it is cleaner when you just need to squeeze out the cream.

• Ease of Application:
      • Side Effects:

Not just for babies bottom anymore.

from In the sun, FL

Smell

from Carrollton, TX

I started using A&D First Aid Ointment in 1955!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It smelled WONDERFUL ... for many years!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE FORMULATION?

IT SMELLS NOW LIKE "ROAD OIL!"

AWFUL...................HATE IT!

A + D Ointment is my favorite!

from Maricopa, AZ

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

A + D Ointment is the only ointment I ever use for my babies bottoms! I have three children, and one is still in diapers, and I always keep it on hand. I have a tube in my diaper bag, and one at home, it's the best thing ever! I love the texture, it's thick and creamy, and coats really well. It's easy to clean up with a wet wipe, but protects against moisture really well. I've found so many uses for this product, not just for a baby's diaper! It's great to use for cuts, scrapes, and burns, and with three kids running around, there's always someone with an "ouchie". I have used it on really chapped skin and lips, in the cold weather can take a toll on your lips and under your nose from scratchy tissues, A+D ointment can really help ease the pain for kids and adults. The only complaint I have is the smell, it takes a bit of getting used to, but when you have a clean baby that smells like soap and lotion, you can never tell the difference.

Best diaper rash ointment! Beats even Desitin!

from Rexburg, ID

**Best diaper rash ointment! Beats even Desitin!**

A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant has been a new, amazing discovery for us this last month!

Most parents will probably recommend Desitin (I was one of those until just about a month ago!).  And although Desitin does work pretty well, I can't honestly recommend it over A + D.

My son had a diaper rash that wouldn't go away (pretty unusual for him), so I talked to our local pharmacist about it and he asked what I was doing to treat it.  When I told him I was using Desitin, he said that was my first mistake, and recommended A + D.  I had seen it on the shelves before, but had always heard great things about Desitin.  But I trusted him and tried it out.

Just to keep this review simple--it works!  My son's rash was healed up within less than 24 hours.  It seems like Desitin soothes, but A + D soothes and HEALS.

This is my #1 recommendation for diaper rashes from now on!

A&D is a good multipurpose protectant.

from Bemidji, MN

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

A&D skin protectant was the only thing I used with my son when he was a baby and it seemed to do the trick for him.  I loaded up on it at night so he wouldn't get irritated by wetness if he slept a long time.  However, it doesn't work to clear up diaper rash in my daughter.  It was gentle, though, and didn't hurt her like other common diaper rash ointments did.

I love that it has multiple purposes:  protects any minor cuts, burns and scrapes, relieves cracked or chapped skin and lips, and is a good intensive moisturizer (use on feet or hands and wear socks or mittens to bed to get some serious moisturizing done).  Some say it's also an effective treatment for Psoriasis and can be used to aid the healing process after a tattoo.

Many people swear by A&D for all sorts of purposes, and I think it's a great product.  However, it's not a cure-all for every baby with diaper rash.  We'll probably always have some on hand anyway!

VIP In My First Aid Kit

from Hoover, AL

Comments about A + D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant:

While A + D First Aid Ointment can be used for diaper rashes, I use it as a weapon in my first aid kit/arsenal.  I generally bring out the big guns (A + D) for more serious issues like burns.  I once had this burn on my hand from a toaster oven; it bothered me for days.  I finally wised up one day and went to buy some A + D ointment.  Would you know that I have not complained about a burn since.

This product is about as close to perfection as you can get.  The only thing that needs a little bit of work is the scent.  I know that a lot of other reviewers brought that up but I just had to chime in with my two cents.  If the creators of A + D can introduce a more pleasant smelling ointment, I would be forever grateful. It does not even have to be a fancy scent like Midnight Rain or whatever. It can be something as simple as Apple.  If that can not happen, I will settle for an unscented product.  If that can not happen, I will just be thankful for the satisfaction of owning such a great product!!!