3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Wake Up Wonder

I am not an advocate of this type of thing typically, but I have to say that when you need a jolt...THIS IS YOUR PRODUCT.

I have driven several trips...Read complete review

I have driven several trips across the country in my car and sometimes in the morning right after I get on the road I get sleepy. A 5 hour energy gives me just what I need to get pumped up and start rockin out to some tunes on my road trip. I think it lasts longer than 5 hours really because I only needed to drink one twice...one time. Typically I would drive 10 hour days and when I drank this in the morning, I was fine till the evening.

Now, it does make it hard to go to sleep, so I would not take it anywhere near the time you plan on going to bed for the night. Also, it takes nasty. Really nasty and I have found that all flavors are equally nasty and trust me...there are a lot of flavors now. The good new is that its a quick shot. You can get it down in one slug and it take about 20 minutes and you are ready to rock!

5 Hour Energy has left me cranky and stressed

A few years ago I tried 5 Hour Energy when I had a virus that pretty much sucked the life out of me. I was always tired and couldn't get going and I am normally a morning person with out the need of coffee or soda with caffeen to get me going. I must say at that time this product did give me some energy to make me feel normal. If I would use something like this when I am feeling myself I would be bouncing off the walls and then some.

Well the past few weeks I have been so tired in the afternoon. I thought I would try 5 Hour Energy to give me a little boost. I bought a pack of two and had one on Monday of this week around 11 AM and it did give me a bit of a boost with no jitters. Today I drank the second one and finding it didn't give me the boost I needed, I found myself still tired and when I got home 6 hours after I drank this little energy drink I noticed I was really cranky, nervous and stressed. I have no reason to feel this way today...I am a happy camper on most days. It has now been 9 hours and I am not as tense, but I still feel some and realize this is not a product for me.

abdo bebo

from It did give me energy although I didn't

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

It did give me energy although I didn't time how long it lasted. It also made me a bit jumpy. I tried both the caffeine and the caffeine-free versions of this and found the results similar. This is not a product I would want to consume every day. First, I thought the flavors I tried tasted truly AWFUL. In reviewing the ingredient list, it seemed to be mostly comprised of B vitamins. I personally would prefer to simply take a multivitamin and stick to my java rather than buy this product. I think the cost for using a product such as this on a regular basis would not compare favorably to simply buying a large jar of Folgers or other coffee. In fairness, I know friends who do use this product with no ill effects and feel it works. However, I did not feel it worked for me.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Energy boost after a long flight

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

Whenever I get off a transatlantic flight and need to beat the jetlag, I always get myself a bottle of five hour energy. With one of these little bad boys inside me I can make it to 10pm with no problem, rather than crashing at 6 like my body wants to.

Just wish they'd make the flavour a tiny bit more appealing...

Works great for me!

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

I use 5 hour energy once about every other week. When I am getting sleepy after lunch I drink half a bottle and within 30 minutes I am wide awake. I am careful not to drink it too late in the afternoon because it will keep me up. I have read that it is just the caffeine but that can't be true because I can drink 3 cups of coffee and go right to sleep. It has to be something else in it. Like most things it probably doesn't work for everyone but for me it works great.

5-Hour Energy Drinks

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

This was quite a surprise for me. I have three kids and I am a stay at home mom. I have to get up very early each day, and find I have little to no energy early on in the day. Coffee is fine, but I have never felt any real energy boost from one cup, so I decided to try this energy drink. I was a little wary of this since I have never tried anything of this sort before. I felt the price for each bottle was right on par with other products in this category. There were only three flavors to choose from:orange! berry! and pomegranate. I chose berry. I drank half the container the next morning after breakfast(figuring you should have food in your stomach first). The taste was what I expected, like a diet juice, since it has little sugar in it. Was not horrible, but not delicious either, but since I only drank half it was ok. I didn't notice any effect right away, but perhaps after 30 minutes I felt more awake and alert. I had lots to,do with housework and errands, and I can honestly say I did all these chores without lagging. I think it worked so I give it a good review, but it's hard to say if I didn't just want it to work. You'll have to try for yourself and see what happens!

5-Hour Energy Drink NASTY!

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

5-Hour Energy Drink taste horrible. I have tried EVERY flavor and I must say not one of them I can enjoy. I would normally make them cold and suck them down quick with a straw to avoid having the horrible aftertaste in my mouth but it still makes me cringe, even at the thought. This product gives me no energy what-so-ever. Maybe a quick sugar rush that would last about 30 minutes, if I drink TWO of these. But my overall satisfaction is not what I expected. Especially with a pricey mini bottle of horrible tasting sugary drink that makes me gag.

It does its job.

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

5-Hour Energy gets a mixed review from me. For one, it definitely does its job. It gives you a lot of energy and it lasts for a good amount of time. However, it gave me extreme anxiety, a racing heart, and made me feel sick to my stomach. It also has a putrid taste! The taste and the side effects were definitely not worth the energy I got. I will stick to my coffee!

Where's the buzz?

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

I've had mixed result with five hour energy, depending on the time of day, and how much I've had to eat that day. Sometimes there is a small energy boost, but usually I don't feel anything. It doesn't taste bad, but it's not as fun as sipping on energy drinks is. There is an energy crash, because the energy boost is so small.

Shot of energy

from Mooresville, NC

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

I am tired all the time. I could sleep 12 hours a day and still take a nap. I hate the taste of coffee (though I do love the taste of those carmel-something, half-this, whipped, chilled, whatever my wife gets from Starbusks - I refuse to drink them on some principle that stems from my caveman predisposition.) Mountain Dew use to be my caffeine injection of preference. However, it seems to have lost its kick. I can even drink one and then go take a nap.

5 Hour Energy is just the thing I need to get me through a long drive, a slow afternoon or up past my prefered bedtime of 9:00. It tastes a bit chaulky, but I'm not slamming these things because of the taste (remember, if it was taste I wanted, I would be order some facy drink at Starbucks) it's because it does the job as advertised - energy for 5 hours. The energy feels natural - no jitters, no stomach pains; just energy to get done what needs to be done.

5-Hour Energy Drink Cannot Compete with my Coffee

from Independence, MO

5 Hour Energy not for me

from Toledo, OH

Comments about 5-Hour Energy Drink:

I have high blood pressure, so it may have been a contributing factor as to why 5 Hour Energy didn't work for me. I took it on the morning I was to have a job interview, hoping it would keep me alert, and that I would be energetic. Instead, shortly after drinking it, I started feeling shaky. I would imagine there is alot of caffeine in the product, so drinking it could have raised my blood pressure. The shakiness lasted about an hour, then I was fine. If you have any health concerns, I would ask my doctor first before trying 5 Hour Energy.