3.9

3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages

3.9

Pros

Cons

Cute, sticky, but leaves a mess and edges curl.

Love the character bandages from Nexcare. I love the waterproof tatoo kind like these. What we love about them so much is the coverage, the stickiness all around, the flexibility of the material they are made with, and, of course, the patterns that are on the front.

Some suggestions to improve the product are as follows: I would recommend giving another look at the adhesive used. It smears all around the skin and leaves a sticky residue which then picks up junk and you end up with a kid with grey bandaid rings all around the location. Of course you can just scrub them off, but that's the last thing a kid wants is you scrubbing anywhere near his owie. So instead they just stay there forever until the owie is scabbed over. Blech.

I also think that the tiny sized bandages are a waste and package filler. We buy the Hotwheels patterned bandages because my son is obsessed with cars, but the tiny bandages don't even have a car on them, so he is not interested. They are way too small to cover any of his owies without getting sticky all over the owie itself. Frustrating.

There seem to be lots of patterns that are of interest to girls, but not as many for boys, who are getting hurt more on the average anyway. I recommend Diego, Phineas and Ferb, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, but most of all Imagination Movers. That would be so rad.

Takes forever to unwrap

My husband and I foster, so I am always on the lookout for cute bandages with cartoon characters or designs. So when I saw that Nexcare had some really nice designs, and I had a coupon for it, I bought some.

What a mistake that was. The design was cute, but that was all I liked about it. It takes SO LONG to get all the wrapping off. First you have the outer wrapping, which comes off in about 10 pieces. There is not a tear strip or a peel starter on this brand. Then you peel the bandage off and place it on the wound, which is fine if it is on a flat surface, but if it is on a finger or something like that, you have to pick at another two strips before placing it on the wound. If the wound is on a flat surface, you can apply the bandage first before pulling off the extra strips, but then the bandage will come off when you try to pull off the extra tabs.

All of this is time consuming, which can be critical if the child is bleeding. I think I'll pass and get another brand or draw a happy face on a regular brown bandage like my mom used to.

good stuff

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

Its good tattoo product mixtape to see mixtape to see a good makes tattoo we haven't smoked any weed yet so I'll get back to you on we haven't smoked any weed yet so I'll get backkeep talking i and keekeep talking and keep reading read my letter read my letter go you call never ca yeah adult arts fest call never call your game yeah adult

difficult to open, but stay on well!

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

The bandages are great if you're just covering a scrape or wound, since they stay on tight and really keep moisture out. However, if you got a cut that needs to be covered up quickly, these are not the best course of action. They need to be peeled off the paper backing ever so carefully and slowly, otherwise it'll stick to itself.

A fun bandage, but do take a little bit of time to open and apply.

Great Gift for New Parents!

from Franklin, TN

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

If you know a new parent and need to give them something original I would suggest these band aids.  Although I don't usually use these on children I know how durable they are.  These are by far the most durable band aid I have ever used.

Last year my husband adopted a hairless Chinese Crested for me for Christmas.  He came home with her and a basketful of lotions, shampoos, hair tyes and these band aids.  Since she is hairless she has skin like a human and when it gets cold her skin sometimes gets dry and cracks.  Unlike humans she licks it until a wound appears.

These bandaids will stay on her skin NO MATTER how hard she tries to get them off.  I can even give her a bath without having to worry about it coming off.  Of all the gifts the rescue society gave me for her this was by far the best.

I have even turned most of my friends onto them.  Especially with small boys who love to get down and dirty the band aids stay on.  And of course they are very stylish!

3M Nexcare Bandages great concept

from Germantown, MD

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

It may take wasting a few of these bandage before you get it on flat. They can not be re-applied if it wasn't put on properly. My complaint is they are a bit pricy to waste 1-2 bandages each time I go to apply them. However,once it's on it's on. My daughter goes swimming and they stay on WHOO HOOOT. I keep these stocked in my house. I hope they can some how fix the small flaw but it won't stop me from buying them if they don't

My Favorite!

from Sartell, MN

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

My kids love these bandaids because of the cute tattoo design on them. I love them because they stay on and keep all the dirt out. They are a little tricky getting used to putting on, but once they are on, they stay put. when its time to take off they don't hurt, we have not had any tears in our house since I started to buy these bandaids. They are the only ones for us.

Good bandaide but can be hard to apply and remove

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

I have bought many varieties of the Nexcare tattoo with different characters. Particularly popular with my boys have been Cars and Nemo which I am having a little trouble finding now.

We like that they are waterproof - many times my boys have cuts that they don't want to get wet. With one of these bandages in place, they will get in the bath with no complaints. It really does keep the water away from cuts. The problem though is they are sometimes hard to remove and have been a bit more painful than other brands/styles of bandages.

They can be a little hard to apply the first few times as they have little paper edges - keep these on until that part of the bandage is stuck to skin or you will have a real time keeping it from sticking to itself! Once you get the hang of them, they are easier to apply, but try to get it down and right the first time. They are not that great when restuck.

If the sticky holds up, they will last a long time as the plastic does not tear or break down. I wish they came in multi sizes with the characters.

These Nexcare bandages are waterproof but hard to apply

from Miles City, MT

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

These Nexcare bandages are certainly waterproof but hard to apply. First the pros: Theya re really cool! What kid doesn't love a tattoo? I love how they are clear and you can see just the image printed on it, it really does look like a mini tattoo. They are certainly waterproof, after several baths they are still on. The cons: Because they are waterproof they are hard to get off and sometimes left a sticky black residue on my kids' body. Most bandaids have those little white papers to pull off, these have a small white paper lining around the edge, I found it easy to take the first one off, but when I would try to take the 2nd side off the first side would stick to itself making it hard to apply to the owie without a wrinkle. That part bugged me. Overall I'd rate it a 3 out 5, waterproof, but hard to apply.

Great product, love the designs

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

This is a very good product for kids. They love the tattoos. We love the waterproof aspect of it, so this way they can wash their hands and we do not need to worry about it. Also, they can run and sweat in it. However, you do need to clean the wound and replace the bandages. At night, I try not to use the bandages just so the wound is able to breathe and the skin can grow again. The kids love that there are so many designs in one pack to choose from. Sometimes, they have a "wound" that needs to be covered up. Also when you remove them, they do not hurt so much. This is a major plus. Get them when they are on sale. Sometimes its cheaper at a local store though, but amazon also has some good deals as well.

Unique band-aid that does the job

from Festus, MO

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

These band-aids have a fun design that helps kids feel better about their wounds. While they are flexible and work in hard-to-bandage spots, they can be tricky to get on. If you do not peel the backing in a particular way, they twist and stick together. As long as you are careful, though, they are a good band-aid to try.

for someone allergic to other band-aids, these were a life saver

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about 3M Nexcare Tattoo Waterproof Bandages:

I have an allergy to adhesives but for some reason I am not allergic to these tatoo bandages. I was so happy when I tried them and had no annoying rash. This was awesome addition to my first aid kit and they come in great designs which my kids love and so do I. They stick and stay which makes me as a mom super happy.