2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

21st Century Insurance very affordable

I was so impressed with the customer service and the price. I had had Allstate for 10 years and was paying an outrages rate of almost 200.00 a month for my husband and I and our two vehicles. With this insurance, it cut might rate more than half, under 70.00 per month. Wow, what a reduction. I was so mad that I had been with Allstate all that time and every renewal my rates went up, never down. We had no tickets or accidents. So this company was such a pleasant surprise. The gentlemen that set up my policy was so nice, polite and helpful. I got the same exact coverage that I had plus a few added benefits. I like that I can access my documents on-line anytime and also make changes on-line without having to sit on hold on the phone waiting for an agent. So far I have no complaints. We have full coverage. We have not had any accidents so I cannot rate them for service like that but there was such a cost difference when I checked rates, that is why I chose this company.

They lure you in with cheap rates, but then raise your premiums

I have a clean driving and I was previously insured with State Farm, but when they attempted to raise my rates to what I felt was an unreasonable amount (They wanted to raise my six month premium from $588 to $725), I began looking for a cheaper insurance company.

21st Century Insurance gave me a six month premium quote of $543, so when my state Farm policy expired on June 30, 2011, I switched to 21st Century. Since my insurance policy with 21st Century Insurance began on July 1st, I have driven accident and violation free.

I just received my renewal statement in the mail, and I was shocked to see that they were raising my six month insurance premium from $543 to $749! I called them up to ask why my rates were being raised so much and they told me that they had been granted an "across the board" rate increase of 5% by the NYS Insurance Department. Excuse me, but my insurance premium was increased by a hell of a lot more than 5%! My rate was increased by 38%!

21st Century are nothing but a bunch of "bait and switch" con artists! They gave me a decent rate for the first six months of my policy, but then they increased my rate to an amount which is more than I was paying with my former insurance company! I will not do business with 21st Century Insurance, and I will now be forced to start looking for another insurance company!

AVOID 21st CENTURY INSURANCE AT ALL COSTS!

21 Century/Farmers Auto insurance is unethical or worse

from San Diego

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

I was treated to the most unprofessional bombast by a 21 Century claims reprehensive. Basically this fraudulent company tries to settle claims by bullying, intimidation and withholding of information.

Their insured bullied my daughter and refused to provide his insurance information. My insurance - Costco Ameriprise always excellent - had to chase him for over a month. He did not report to the DMV, did not attempt to contact his insurance or return our insurance agents call or contact us.

Yet, the Farmers Claims representative blames my daughter. Will not address his insured individual's lack of responsibility and lawfulness. Robertson also refused to address the legal requirement to file an accident report. Simply repeating and repeating he had two years. But the two years to file a claim has no relationship to the duty to report the accident. So this is a material obfuscation of facts.

If you have this insurance, switch as soon as you can. The lowest possible rating is earned by all posters.

As I have the time, I will followed this all the way to court. Some how I do not believe a judge or arbitrator will find the intentional bombastic obfuscation by the company or the insured, trust worthy. Not one little bit. Res ipsa loquitur by the actions of the insured and 21st Century / Farmers insurance company.

Customer since 1976

from Colorado Springs CO

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

I joined 20th/21st Century in 1976 in California. I just received my first speeding ticket that I can remember and my rate has gone up. You would think they would allow at least one speeding ticket within almost 40 years. Over the past few years my rate has been going up and they advised it's because of an across the board increase due to damages created by floods, fires etc. to other vehicles. Businesses now operate on metrics so no one on one consideration is given.

Expensive

from new Jersey

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

I belonged to 21st Century along with my 3 children. At first when it was only my son and myself it was fairly priced. Once I added my daughter of course it went up. Once I added the last childe it doubled.
When my son switched policies to another insurance company, I called 21st and asked what my ne rate would be. I was told only a $9.00 reduction monthly. What, wait, only $9.00 a month. Crazy, not only was y monthly rate almost $500.00 on 3 cars, 1 which is 15 years old and the other 11 years old they had me down as having an accident in 2012. IT wasn't me, I have not had a accident in over 23 years, it was my Son.
So after finding out all of this I decided to give the insurance company my son went to a call. Low and behold, I am paying $234.60 a month for full coverage on 3 vehicles. Saved me over half. Would never recommend 21st Century to anyone.

The price is right

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

When I first was looking into an insurance company, I was around 20 years old. When you are 20, you really are just looking for the lowest price with the best coverage. The customer service people seemed very friendly and it seemed like a good deal. I never received a ticket or was in a car accident while having this insurance, so luckily I never had to deal with 21st century in that aspect. I have heard from other family members that dealing with 21st century was a nightmare.

There were some positives with having this insurance company, but there were also a lot of negatives. I was never offered any type of reward for being a good driver while on my policy. Other insurance companies offer that type of plan, so I am still curious why 21st century did not. My biggest downfall with 21st century was when I moved to another state and needed to switch over my coverage to my new address in a larger city. When I called 21st century to request a quote, they quoted me $1,200 for 6 months. Since, I did not have any accidents or tickets on my car insurance record, I was floored. Needless to say, I went to State Farm, and I pay less than $75 a month.

Customer Service
Every time i had to use customer service, they seemed very friendly.

• Available Plans:

The worse Insurance Company!!!

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

The worse insurance company I've ever dealt with!! I got rear-ended.. Thought this was an easy case.. I have provided police report and pictures. High patrol confirmed it wasn't my fault.. They've concluded that it was my fault and they don't want to pay for any damages. Their adjusters are extremely rude... BEWARE!!!

Long Time Customer

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

I have been with 21st century insurance for 20 years and have never had a problem with them. In my younger days, I had some accidents that were always taken care of rapidly and to my satisfaction. Since then, my driving record has been clean and the amount I pay for the coverage I have is superb. I only have to make a monthly payment 8 months out of the year and get many discounts like multiple car discounts, good driver, and anti-theft discounts. I have checked other companies and this company always beat them by at least $100. I have full coverage on pretty much everything and don't plan on dropping them anytime soon.

• Available Plans:

This company is the worst EVER!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

We had our insurance with this company for more than 20 years. Our original company was bought out by AIG and then later by 21st Century. We had no claims with them for almost 2 decades and paid our premiums religiously. They made a ton of money off of us. When our son's got their drivers licenses, they ended up getting a few tickets that incurred points. 21st Century apparently did not like this very much and decided that they were going to drop our coverage. Yes - you read that right! ALL of our coverage - including my husband and mine. WE HAD NO TICKETS or POINTS! We were outraged that they would do such a thing to us, since we were extremely loyal customers for so long. We thought it was outrageous enough that they were dropping our kids, but to drop us as well, was unspeakable. Needless to say they got an earful, but to no avail. We left them and went looking for quotes elsewhere. Many other companies tried to gouge us due to the circumstances. We went with Allstate. They did very well by us. I currently get advertising mail from 21st Century and am so furious when it comes, as they are trying to get us to buy their insurance again! I would never go back with them. Ethics really do make a difference and they have none!

• Available Plans:

Its my favorite auto insurance company

from Warren, MI

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

Lets start by saying I I used the same insurance company for 22 years before I was about to buy a new car 8 years ago. Before I finalized the deal I called them and was floored when they said the insurance payment was going to cost more than the car payment monthly. I called other companies found a price that was $800 a year cheaper so I switched. Well that company's premiums were going up fast and mind you I had never filed a claim with any insurance company up to that point and had not gotten a ticket in 9 years at that point. So I went shopping again and I went with AIG which became 21st Century. I love it. I'm still 5 years later paying less than I was with the previous companies. I still haven't ever filed a claim. It comes in with built in extras at the same price which I have use the roadside assistance feature which was excellent. There is also an identity theft feature as well as something else that I can't remember both of which I have not used. I love the automatic bill pay features and the documents that they send every 6 months with discount description's and how to obtain them. I've always had good luck with customer service and have never been on hold long.

Customer Service
They have taken care of every issue I ever presented them

Available Plans
They have what I want so I can't be disappointed.

21st century is a great insurance company with great prices

from Mansfield, OH

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

21st Century is a great insurance company with excellent customer service and great prices. I am a loyal 21st Century customer and have been for over five years. Prior to 21st century, I was a customer of Allstate and State Farm. Although both were good companies, the prices aren't comparable to 21st century. I have used 21st century in two accidents and also have used their help point claims service and Roadside Assistance several times. This is a service that I had to pay for with other insurance companies, but is one hundred percent free, and one that is very valuable. When you are stuck in a broke down vehicle late at night at Walmart, 21st century is there with a dedicated specialist to get you in touch with a local towing service. I have also used the service for battery jumps, etc. I have been very pleased with the great service I have received and will continue to be a loyal customer in the future.

• Available Plans:

not so great claim reps.

Comments about 21st Century Insurance:

I was recently in a car accident. The girl who rear ended me had 21st. At first, things were going smoothly; but then. it went downhill. It took the rep DAYS to call me back - more than 48 hours, when he said he would call within 24 the first week the accident happened. When I needed to talk to him again after getting my car estimate, it took him WEEKS to get back to me. It's now going on week 4 - FOUR! - since I've heard from him. I've left countless messages, and haven't heard one peep! Finally, I called into the call center and the rep was able to give me another contact number. Called him, didn't hear back. Luckily on that rep's voicemail, he gave his supervisor's number. Called him, and he finally got back to me. Can't believe it's taken this long to get my car fixed. Kind of ridiculous.

Customer Service
This 5 goes to the rep at the call center, because she was helpful in finding out who else I could be able to speak with.

Available Plans
I don't have 21st, but I'm sure they have a variety of insurance plans.