Other E-commerce Websites:

1800PetMeds.com

Pros

Cons

1-800-Pet Meds Helps You Take Care of Your Friend

Many among us own pets and we spend a good deal of our time with our furry friends each day. We also spend a good deal of our money on our pets and this fact is especially true as pets age and need special drugs to keep them healthy and functioning. Veterinarian offices are the most convenient places to purchase pet medications and the local pet store is a helpful place to buy supplies. But one alternative is the internet and one web site that helps with pet medications and other products is **1-800 Pet Meds**, a web site with your pet's good health in mind. **Web Site Commentary:** 1800petmeds.com is a pet pharmacy that offers concerned pet owners an online web service where they can purchase medications and take care of their pets overall health needs. It bills itself as "America's Largest Pet Pharmacy" and it has plenty of drugs available- often at discounted prices- to help your pet maintain his/her good health. Based on the name of this site, many mistakenly believe that 1800petmeds.com sells pet medication and nothing more. But 1800petmeds is more than a place to purchase medicine for dogs and cats. It also offers pet supplies like food, bowls, leashes, toys, and treats, not to mention vitamins and flea treatment products. The selection of these other products isn't great, but it is nice to know that 1800petmeds.com offers products other than medications. In addition, 1800petmeds.com offers over the counter pet drugs as well as prescriptions, making it useful for any concerned pet owner whose dog, cat, etc. has a health problem that can be treated without a prescription. I like the layout of the 1800petmeds.com web site. The layout makes it easy to find what you need and the search options make it easy to narrow down to your desired product. I also like that, when you select a main category, it expands the option to a long list of sub- categories. For example, say I select Ear Infections. The next page will list out different symptoms from A to Z (like cuts, lacerations, wounds, etc.). This helps consumers narrow down to the precise symptom and find the best treatment.  I also like that 1800petmeds.com includes a separate tab at the top for "Specials". Here, you can quickly browse all the special deals of the day. 1800petmeds.com offers a good selection of medications and the prices are lower than those charged in a veterinarian's office. But if you're looking for general supplies like bowls or leashes, the prices are often greater than average. Not only are these supplies more expensive than those charged in a pet supply store, they are also more expensive than the supplies offered in other pet web sites. 1800petmeds.com does offer free shipping on larger orders (presently, on orders over $39), and it does have a handy reminder system that generates an e-mail to remind you that it is time to reorder your pet's medication. But the prices on non- medication products are not very competitive.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

1800petmeds.com is a good, efficient service for ordering pet medications and pet supplies. This web service quickly confirms your prescription for your pet, free of any additional charges provided that you provide your veterinarian's contact information. They then ship via priority mail and while it does take four to seven working days to get the order, the free shipping (assuming you order at least $39, which isn't too difficult given the cost of medication) and lower prices on basic medications makes 1800petmeds.com a good online store choice for your pet's health care needs. For general pet supplies, this site is overpriced, but it does make a good choice for online medication shopping.

Buyer beware..............

1-800 Pet Meds maybe cheaper than your veterinarian, but watch out!!!  Most of the pharmaceutical companies will not sell directly to them, because they have no veterinarian on staff.  You may be ordering frontline, but actually getting water instead of the real product.  There are currently pending against this company, might want to check that out.  They get products from unscrupulous veterinarians who sell from there own stock just to make a buck.  I would prefer to know that the products I am putting on or giving to my pet are coming directly from the manufacturer.

Like I said I know it is convenient and cheaper, but sometimes your veterinary clinic will match the price if you ask.  So buy at your own risk and hope the product is really what it says you are getting.  Have a feeling alot of companies like pet meds will not be around much longer.

I did work for a veterinary clinic so this is not just coming out of nowhere. Just my opinion.

All My Pet's Needs

from Hartford, CT

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

While I am weary of online medication sites this one has proved many times to be a good company. We order my dog's heartworm medication, flea and tick prevention and other odds and ends here. They work with my Vet to get the proper prescription, and shipping is relatively quick (about a week total for processing/delivery). They even have her dog food, a limited ingredient diet, so when I get coupons I can use them on a variety of items.

This site came through when my dog needed an antibiotic that my Vet couldn't give me because it was backordered. I saved over half the cost going here vs. a regular pharmacy (where the Vet sent me) to get my girl the meds she needed.

This site accepts Bill Me Later which is super helpful if you have that account and are in a bind for your pets' needs. The shipments come with clear receipts and a treat for your pup.

I have had a couple issues with their site not loading order status/update information, sometimes something would ship and it would not say/show this in my account, resulting in phone calls to find out if there were delays, but the people I spoke with in customer service were helpful at getting me the information that the site didn't have.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good for medications for dogs

from Utah

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

Our puppy has allergies, and we were looking for something to help her. I went to 1800petmeds.com, and I quickly found some allergy medication that seemed like it would work. Overall, my experience with this site was great, and I am ready to go back and use them again for the future medical needs of my dog.

The left side of the site has several categories of medication that one may be looking for, including allergies. So it was very easy to get to the allergy category, and then I simply needed to find medication for the right type of allergy, which was not very hard either.

Product Selection
The site had a few different options that would fit what I would need, and I was able to choose what seemed to be the best based off of the information that each product included.

Product Pricing
The prices on this site are reasonable, and they compare well to what is in-stores. For the convenience of shopping at home and having something shipped right to me, I am very willing to pay the prices that this site has.

Great!

from Kansas

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

It took me a long time to finally try 1800PetMeds.com. I am glad that I finally tried it because they have the best prices around. I get my pet medication and other pet health items from them and save a lot of hassle and money while doing so!

I live in a rural area and we have limited access to many pet health goods. I love that I can order all my pet care needs online! I looked at a few other online resources for pet care goods but their prices were so much higher than 1800PetMeds. The website is extremely easy to navigate and offers a HUGE selection of items. You can of course order your pet’s prescription medication on there but also find flea and tick items, food, vitamins, and any pet supply item you can think of. You can even search by condition, such as arthritis. There are usually discount codes shown at the top of the website and free shipping over a certain amount of money.

1800PetMeds.com is incredibly convenient and offers any item you can think of. They have very low prices. I highly recommend them!

• Shipping and Returns:

Best site for affordable medication!

from Garden City, NY

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

I have been using 1-800-Pet-Meds for over two years and could not be happier! They have a huge selection of products and incredibly low prices. Their check out process is swift and I have never had an issue with them validating my prescriptions. The products ship quickly and are usually received in a shorter window than promised. Overall, the best source for pet medication on the internet!

Product Selection
I have always found what I needed here.

Product Pricing
There are always sales, coupons and additional discounts. It's the cheapest place to buy pet meds (which are very expensive!) that I have found.

Customer Service
There are many different ways to contact- call, email or chat. I have used all three and been very happy with the service.

Shipping and Returns
I am not giving it a full 10, as I have never had to return any products. However, the shipping is quick- even standard- and gets to you earlier than anticipated. The rates are cheap and I frequently get free shipping from my purchases.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great prices and fast shipping

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

I have ordered many times through 1800petmeds.com. The prices are much lower than in the veterinary office or even the at local retailers. My Lhasa has terrible skin allergies and our veterinarian recommended a certain shampoo to use on her once a week. I found it through 1800petmeds.com and it was much cheaper. The shipping is very fast, and all orders over 39.00 ship free. They are always running different percentage off specials, so I feel like I am getting the best price every time I order.
I recently started ordering my dogs food through them, she was placed on a prescription based food for digestive issues. It was priced almost 10.00 a bag cheaper and since shipping was free because of the amount of money spent, it was a win win situation. This is a great website for all of your pets needs.

Product Selection
They seem to have everything I have looked for, but for much lower prices.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping time is very fast, and free if you spend more than 39.00 dollars.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great prices on medicines, treats, and toys! A+

from Olean, NY

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

I have been using 1800petmeds. com for several years. I purchase flea medications, food supplements, treats, and toys through their website. Categories are clearly listed, and the website is easy to maneuver through and find items that you need. If your item needs a prescription, you can request that 1800petmeds.com contact your veterinarian's office to obtain the needed prescription. You can create an account to save your pertinent information including credit cards. Shipping through the website is always free after spending$39.00. Prices are much cheaper on flea medications than at your vet's office. You can personalize your account by adding your animals names and pictures. The website makes it a pleasant experience when shopping for those expensive pet medications. They also have a small inventory of treats and dog toys that are reasonable. The website usually rewards its customers with coupons for dollars off sent to your e-mail as well as appearing when you log into your account. Would recommend this website!

Easy & Affordable

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

1-800-PetMeds has been a wonderful site for many pet related items for our household. Our dog, Otto, is a small yorkie-poo and we buy all of our heartworm medication as well as flea medication from this website. Their products are amazing and their customer service is the best. Simply, the best, no one can beat theirs in the pet industry. We lost a box once, due to high winds and we needed to apply the frontline to our dog the next day. Not only did they replace the medication, for free, but they also paid overnight shipping so that our dog did not miss the dose that he needed. It was quite a relief to us that we did not have to go to the store and spend more money than we were spending on the one from this website. They were quick and easy to deal with. The customer service rep was so quick in responding to us as well. I was extremely happy with the situation and will continue to use this website for our medications for Otto.

So-so at best!

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

I really wanted to like this site at first, as the idea of having site where I would be able to purchase my pets comfortis and heartguard for two-thirds less than that of my local veterinarians office, would be a blessing to my budget! I was super excited about the idea of having my pets medical supplies mailed to me in a free, timely manner, allowing my family to potentially save hundreds of dollars a year, but this did not happen. To be fair, the premise of the site is awesome, and the sites prescription policy, the policy that all prescriptions must be mailed or faxed to the company prior to any drugs being dispensed is clearly stated that before any pet meds can be mailed a written prescription from the vet must be faxed or mailed into them, but what is not stated on the website that this could take from 7-14 days, even using fax, for the site to acknowledge receipt of the prescription! I have a large pet family, with a westie, shih Tzu, a Bombay, Siamese, and an American shorthair. so comfortis and heartguard are always on my shopping list. I decided to use part of federal tax return last year and buy a years worth for several of my prescriptions, to allow for each pet to be taken care of for a year. With that said, even with my paid order, I waited 5 weeks for receipt with left me still have to go locally and buy a months worth of medicine, and paying nearly three times what it was on my order! I live in the deep south, and you cannot go without these preventatives, and so the idea of my saving was out the door. Mind you, customer service was great, and I eventually received my medications, but please be aware that the initial time span for delivery may not be what is advertised on its website, to ensure that you and your pets will not have a gap of prevention.

Really filled this special sales niche well

from Flushing, MI

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

This site really saw a special niche in the sales market and filled it nicely. Nowadays pets are essentially extensions of our families but with a different health professional. Because of this the whole process of getting the adequate medications can be quite tricky. The demand for pet medications will be around for some time and will always need to be filled somehow. This site makes the whole process just as easy as ordering medication for a regular person. Special medications and varying dosages are no problem for this company. I have not had any issues with any of the medications purchased here and with few competitors on the market this site is clearly the go to site for any of the health needs your pet may have. The site is easily navigable and placing an order can be done in minutes. The help line is also very helpful in resolving any issues you may have.

Economical way to get top brands.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about 1800PetMeds.com:

Purchasing my pet medications here over the years has saved me unbelievable amounts of money.The product guarantee policy is great customer service on their part.I at one time bought two packs of antibiotics for my pet dog,but decided to try a home remedy which turned out to work.I thought I would just have to swallow that cost since there was no reason to return it.It is really lenient.Maybe too lenient.The shipping is kind of slow though,I will admit.It takes 5-7 business days for the standard method.I think that needs to be changed for something as serious as medication.You need to be able to get it as soon as possible.The processing time is fine.It has always processed the very day or the next day from when I placed my order.There's a really great selection of supplements and vitamins as well.They sell the brands with the best reviews and high quality ingredients.